Effective date: April 20, 2020
Updated: April 20, 2020
Since 2003, Bellevue Farmers Market has been dedicated to supporting small local farms by providing a viable, vibrant marketplace for farm products to be sold directly to consumers and to put on a weekly event for residents in the area that educates, nourishes, and fosters community.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect the information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you set up an account on Bellevue Farmers Market’s online store; shop in our online stores; sign up for newsletters, promotions, surveys, or mailing lists; engage with us over social media platforms; and when you email, call or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, address, phone number, fax number, email address, ZIP code, photos, videos, social media usernames, payment information, demographic information, information about your shopping and purchases, information about your interests and preferences and any other information you choose to provide.
In some cases, we may also collect the information you provide about others, such as when you purchase a gift card for someone and request that we deliver it to them or purchase and ship products to someone. We will use this information to fulfill your requests and communicate with that person regarding the transaction, if applicable, but we will not send marketing communications to these individuals unless they separately consent to receive these types of communications from us.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
We may also automatically collect information about you when you use or access our Services or transact business with us, including:
- Transaction information. When you purchase or return a product or register for the online store, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details, purchase price and the date and location of the transaction.
- Usage and log information. We obtain information about your use of our websites, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, the page you visited before navigating to our Services and browsing activity.
- Device information. We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, such as your device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, hardware model, operating system, unique device identifiers, browser type, and mobile network information.
- Location information. We may collect information about the precise location of your device when you consent to the collection of this information. We may also collect information about your approximate location each time you access our Services.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect about you for a variety of purposes, including to:
- administer your membership and communicate with you about your online orders and any farmers market news;
- provide and deliver products and services, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, recall notices, invoices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, news, surveys, upcoming events and other information we think may be of interest to you;
- investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities;
- provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities;
- conduct research and analysis, including through surveys and focus groups;
- personalize our Services and provide advertisements, content or features that are targeted toward your interests;
- process and deliver contest, promotion and sweepstakes entries, and prizes;
- link or combine with other information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- carry out any other purpose conveyed to you when the information was collected.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Providing good customer service to our shoppers is important to Bellevue Farmers Market and we are not in the business of selling or transferring data to others. We may share your information as needed for certain business functions, such as:
- with third parties who complete transactions or perform services on our behalf, such as fulfilling and shipping orders, processing orders, preventing fraud or delivering email;
- when you sign up for and participate in the interactive areas of our Services, certain information about you may be displayed publicly on our Services and on third-party sites, such as your username, comments, posts, photos, stories, wish lists, product reviews and any other information you choose to provide;
- in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
HOW WE SECURE YOUR INFORMATION
Bellevue Farmers Market takes what we believe are reasonable security measures to protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. These measures include what we believe are reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards.
HOW YOU CAN CONTROL YOUR INFORMATION AND PRIVACY PREFERENCES
You may update or correct your online account information by logging into your account and updating your information online. If you wish to deactivate your online account you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may retain information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
NEWSLETTERS, EMAILS AND OTHER PROMOTIONAL COMMUNICATIONS
You may remove yourself from our email list by clicking on the unsubscribe or update profile link presented in all promotional emails, including newsletters, we send to our customers. If you opt-out of receiving promotional communications, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your purchases, account, membership, or our ongoing business relations.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default, but you can usually change your browser settings to remove or reject cookies. Adobe Systems Inc. may set a “flash cookie” on your computer or mobile device when you view videos on our Services. To manage and disable “flash cookies,” visit Adobe Flash Player Manage, Disable Local Shared Objects. For more information about what cookies are and how they operate, including how to see which cookies have been set and how to manage or delete them, please visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
We do not intentionally or knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, you should not provide information on our website or through our Services. If you become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, please email us at email@example.com.
UNITED STATES LAW
Bellevue Farmers Market is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by United States law. By accessing or using our Services or otherwise providing information to us, you are consenting to the transfer, processing, usage, and storage of your information in the United States.
Bellevue Farmers Market
1717 Bellevue Way NE
Bellevue, WA 98004